Welcoming Schools, a project of the HRC Foundation, is a comprehensive approach to improving school climate in elementary school environments with training, resources, and lessons to help schools in:
- Embracing family diversity
- Creating LGBTQ-inclusive schools
- Preventing bias-based bullying
- Creating gender-expansive schools
- Supporting transgender and non-binary students
To create safer elementary school climates, HRC Welcoming Schools Facilitators provide professional development training to schools and districts across the nation equipping adults with tools they need to help elementary students succeed.